Saturday, June 6, 2009

Know this child will be able...

(If this is your first time visiting Cady's Cause, click here to read about why this blog was created.)

This is Kelly, Cady's mom, writing. I wanted to write to our followers personally because I have a lot of touching things I want to share. These last two weeks have been so amazing for all of us. When we first found out we had to pay for this procedure, I got a pit in my stomach. I never thought for a second we weren't going to do it, but I had no idea what we were embarking on. I feel so blessed to know all of you and I can only hope one day Cady will know each of you to thank you personally. She is a very lucky little girl and the love everyone has given her has, as a parent, been almost too much to bear emotionally. Everyone is pulling for my CadyBug and my husband and I are so grateful for this.

Several people seem to have come out of nowhere to help Cady. I am hesitant to name them because I don't want to single them out and have others feel slighted (because I am just as thankful for all of you), but you all know who you are and I want you to know how appreciative I am for all of your efforts!

Moving on, there's something else I want to share. When Cady was first born, I remember hearing the song Wonder by Natalie Merchant and feeling like it was her song. My cousin Colleen contacted me recently to tell me her son Christian could make a video of Cady that I could then share on YouTube. I envisioned what it might look like and right away I could hear that song playing. I looked up the lyrics and began crying (again - been doing a lot of that these days). The last stanza in particular gets me. You can also watch Natalie sing the song on YouTube.

I have no doubt this procedure is going to help Cady. To what extent, I can't say (obviously), but as I envision her future, I see her surrounded by love and strength, and that to me is what will get her through life.

Hugs to you all!

With love,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment